Monday, October 17, 2011

Men's Shirt to Jumper Refashion


Ah, Pinterest, I'm so addicted. I could (and sometimes do) spend hours pouring through the beautiful pictures, dreaming of the crafty projects I could do, the beautiful clothes I could make, and the wonderful destinations I keep adding to my bucket list. The biggest problem I have is that I pin all these magnificent ideas, but not very many actually make it to the final product stage here. Several months ago, I found this shirt to dress refashion and I really, really, really wanted to make it for the Munchkin. It took a trip to the thrift store and a couple of days (though to be honest, it wouldn't take much experience with a sewing machine to make this a MUCH quicker project)
I think the Munchkin likes her dress and I am pretty proud of myself, I must say. If I were to do it again (and I probably will!) I'll probably try to get a coordinating fabric for the straps and pockets. Even with a 3XL mens shirt, I had some trouble finding enough material. I'd also make the bust of the dress wider so she wouldn't have to wear it as a jumper. And, finally, I'd make sure to take pics of the back of the dress...
It wasn't too difficult, though for a beginner like me, it was a little challenging. Totally worth it, though. You should try it, I made it for less than $5 with a Chaps shirt from a local thrift store. If you make one, link your pics below! 


Not into this photo shoot so much

There's a pretty pose

Do not want to look at the camera, Mom!


Silly Munchkin

Feel free to traipse on over to Pinterest and check out my huge to-do list, I mean, my inspiration boards.  (Beware, if you aren't pinning yet, you may be asking for an invitation very soon. And please do! I'd be happy to send one. Just, don't tell your significant others that it's my fault you got sucked into the pinning) 

Thanks for stopping by, I love to see/hear from y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment